On an almost weekly basis, I find yet another article mentioning Valencia Spain as a destination for a variety of reasons. This is my tongue firmly in cheek response to this gem of a city. I realise l am losing my battle to keep it a secret, therefore l am going to give you at least 17 reasons why visiting Valencia is a bad decision. Visit Valencia at your peril. You have been warned.
17 reasons not to visit Valencia Spain:
I’m sure there are a lot more than the reasons listed here, but l hope this will be enough to convince you not to make plans for a holiday in Valencia. Now that summer time is upon us, you should make plans to go to the same old places. Familiarity is a good thing. In fact, there are other places like Benidorm and Malaga to consider. I hear Alicante is also very welcoming and might be a better option and they mostly speak English there. No? Okay then, Let’s get it started.
1. Valencia is the ugly stepsister to Barcelona and Madrid etc..
2. The locals in Valencia are pretty gnarly looking.
3. There is absolutely nothing to see in Valencia.
4. There is no Religion in Valencia. Heathens everywhere.
5. The beach is absolutely horrifying, a disgraceful mess.
6. Architecture in Valencia is simply hideous.
7. No major cultural events whatsoever happens in Valencia.
Look at them run away from Valencia. I understand some are still running! Who can blame them?
8. The city of Valencia is absolutely stifling, no green space!
9. Nothing happens at night. Everyone is asleep by 10pm.
10. Valencia is not hip at all.
11. They have no idea how to enjoy life, a good reason not to visit Valencia.
12. The Valencia CF football team is the worst in Spain. Absolute rubbish!
COPA DEL REY FINAL. THE SPANISH NATIONAL CUP CHAMPIONS
13. There is no diversity in Valencia.
Food in Valencia sucks!
Food is a great part of travel and living in any place. There are plenty of reasons not to consider living or even visiting Valencia. Off the top of my head when it comes to food:
14. No original dishes come from Valencia – nothing at all to call their own!
15. It’s jamon, all day, every day. No variety to speak of
16. No fresh food anywhere and it’s expensive!
17. The people living in Valencia are miserable
Our suffering is great and we can only hope that we can spare innocent people our horrible fates. Truth be told, we are actually mostly staying out of defiance
Related Reading: Buying in Valencia
Related: Remodel Results
Bonus reason not to visit Valencia:
Valencia is dangerous! You can’t go out at night. We live in fear behind closed doors.
The quality of life in Valencia is horrible l tell you. My advice to you is to keep on visiting Barcelona, Madrid and Seville. Do not, under any circumstance, consider a Valencia visit as you will surely be disappointed. In fact, we, and lots of others are staying here out of defiance as you can see. We curse the day we heard of Valencia as a great place to live.
If you like this post, please share for the benefit of others.
Have you been to Valencia? What do you think of these 17 reasons not to visit Valencia? Do you agree with me that it is a place that must be avoided at all costs? Or are you one of the defiant ones?